In this section:
- Services we provide
- Brokerage and Flexible Support Packages
- How to make a referral to Women’s Health West
- General enquiries and FAQs for professionals
The information in this section is for people working in a professional capacity to support clients who are experiencing family violence. It will also be useful to professionals who are concerned that a client might be experiencing family violence.
If this is you, this section can help you to:
- Source information, support or resources around family violence to support your work with clients
- Find out more about the services we provide
- Find out how to refer clients to Women’s Health West
Please note that Women’s Health West is not a 24/7 service – we offer appointment-based family violence services. If your client requires information or support outside normal business hours, please contact Safe Steps on 1800 015 188.
For more information about the family violence services Women’s Health West provides, please read our Family Violence Support Services brochure. The brochure is also available in Arabic, Dinka, Hindi and Vietnamese.
Concerned that a client might be experiencing family violence?
This is a resource designed to assist you to navigate family violence support services in Melbourne’s west. It acts as a ‘quick guide tool’ to enable you to locate the relevant support service for a client who has made a disclosure of family violence.
There is also a wealth of useful information on the Lookout website, which is designed to support people in a range of professions to identify and respond to family violence
The Lookout contains information about identifying and responding to risk, how to refer clients to specialist support, and a useful list of signs that may indicate someone is experiencing family violence.
Women’s Health West’s family violence information sessions
Women’s Health West runs regular information sessions at our offices in Footscray. Find out more about the sessions and book a place here.
The sessions are free, but spaces are limited so bookings are essential.
These sessions will enable you to find out more about:
- How clients can access Women’s Health West’s integrated family violence services
- How the intake process works
- How to refer a client to Women’s Health West
- How the L17 police referral process works
- Information on Risk Assessment Management Panels
- Women’s Health West’s children’s counselling service and how to make a referral to it
- Information about Flexible Funding Packages and how clients can access these