IF YOU ARE EVER IN IMMEDIATE DANGER, PLEASE CALL THE POLICE ON 000.
Remember, family violence is a crime. You have the right to report it.
Women’s Health West assists women and children affected by family violence in the western metropolitan region of Melbourne.
Outreach support workers provide free face-to-face or telephone support by giving you information and assistance that may help you decide for yourself what to do.
Some of the ways our outreach service could help you include:
Information and referrals
Outreach workers can link you to services that can help you and your children. These include:
- Centres against sexual assault
- Children’s services
- Free or low-cost counselling
- Housing services
- Financial counsellors
- Services for men who use violence and wish to change their behaviour
If you want, the worker supporting you can speak to these services on your behalf.
If your first language is not English, the outreach worker can use an interpreter and may be able to help you find other support services in your own language.
An outreach worker can provide you with emotional support, crisis and practical support, information and referrals to other services and help you make a safety plan.
Outreach workers support women and children for a maximum of a couple of months and will link you with other services if you need longer-term support.
- Call us for information and referral during business hours on 9689 9588
- If you need support outside business hours, call 9373 0123 or 1800 015 188
- If you need an interpreter, first call the Telephone Interpreter Service (24 hours) on 131 450. They will connect you with the service you want.