Women’s Health West is an equal opportunity employer. We employ women with a range of qualifications, skills, employment and life experiences as part of our diverse staff team.
Women’s Health West is an equal opportunity employer with VCAT Exemption H119/2017 to employ women only
Women’s Health West is committed to achieving equity and justice for women in Melbourne’s west. We provide services that encompass every level of response to family violence: including primary prevention, intervention and response. We also deliver a range of health promotion programs.
We work within a feminist framework, supporting women and their children to live safe and healthy lives.
We are a child safe organisation and employment is subject to the satisfactory completion of a national Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
If you are a proactive person with a strong customer service focus, take pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organisation this could be your next long term role.
Benefits available to Women’s Health West employees:
- Salary sacrificing
- Flexible working hours
- Cultural leave
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave
- Superannuation paid on maternity leave
- Purchased leave
- Collaborative working culture
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working practices (1 or 0.8 EFT)
- Ongoing professional development
- Footscray location
The Business Operations Director is responsible for the strategic and operational functions of finances, people and culture, information and communication technology (ICT), quality and risk, facilities management and general shared services. The purpose of the role is to ensure all business operations strategic and operational plan outputs and outcomes are delivered in accordance with WHW’s mission, vision, values, principles and strategic objectives. In addition, provide strategic leadership and advice to the CEO and board, as and when required, across areas of responsibility. The role has three direct reports and fifteen indirect reports.
WHW offers employees flexible working practices, flexible start and finish times, the option for full time or part time (0.8 EFT). Salary sacrificing and above award salary, fully maintained vehicle or optional vehicle allowance as well as many other benefits outlined in the WHW EA. Base salary of $110,900 plus 9.5% superannuation and personal use of a service vehicle. Generous salary packaging options available.
To be consider for the position applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelors level qualification in commerce, accounting or a business-related discipline essential, with MBA degree held in high regard. CA or CPA qualification and/or FINSIA or IIBA affiliation desirable
- At least seven years’ experience in business operations, managing teams, people and culture, finance or accounting, with a minimum of three years in a senior leadership position, demonstrating ethics, integrity and excellent interpersonal and high-level communication skills that support the capacity to lead, inspire and develop staff, and positively represent WHW
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of the not-for-profit sector and/or health and community service organisations with balance commercial and community requirements and to manage diverse communities of interest is highly desirable
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision organisational systems and procedures that reflect feminist policy and practice, and a culture of respect, collaboration and continuous learning
- Exceptional skills in stakeholder management and the ability to develop effective and collaborative internal and external working relationships, and liaise and negotiate with a variety of organisations, interest groups and individuals
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and communication skills, including the ability to operate effectively in a feminist work environment
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a brief written response to the key selection criteria outlined in the position description attached below.
For further information, or to apply, please contact Coordinator – People & Culture, or Manager- Quality & Business Systems on either email@example.com using the subject line: Director – Business Operations application or call 03 9689 9588.
Applications will close when a suitable candidate is sourced, we encourage you apply as soon as possible.
Position Description: BOPs Director Business Operations October 2019