Women’s Health West is an equal opportunity employer. We employ women with a range of qualifications, skills, employment and life experiences as part of our diverse staff team.
Women’s Health West is an equal opportunity employer with VCAT Exemption H119/2017 to employ women only
Women’s Health West is committed to achieving equity and justice for women in Melbourne’s west. We provide services that encompass every level of response to family violence: including primary prevention, intervention and response. We also deliver a range of health promotion programs.
We work within a feminist framework, supporting women and their children to live safe and healthy lives.
We are a child safe organisation and employment is subject to the satisfactory completion of a national Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
If you are a proactive person with a strong customer service focus, take pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organisation this could be your next long term role.
Benefits available to Women’s Health West employees:
- Salary sacrificing
- Flexible working hours
- Cultural leave
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave
- Superannuation paid on maternity leave
- Purchased leave
- Collaborative working culture
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Director – Business Operations
- Family Violence Case Manager – Outreach
- Director Strategy, Advocacy and Community Engagement
- Flexible working practices (1 or 0.8 EFT)
- Ongoing professional development
- Footscray location
The role will require the successful incumbent to provide high-level and strategic advice to the CEO and board on all strategic and operational matters ensuring WHW’s business operations comply with all relevant legislation and accreditation standards. Strategically and operationally drive operational performance across quality, finance, people and culture, facilities and ICT. Lead the development and delivery of business systems that provide effective and highly valued support for all service delivery functions. Also expected to play a lead role in ensuring the organisation’s vision, goals and annual priorities are promoted and achieved, and that WHW achieves long-term growth and sustainability.
To be consider for the position applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Possess high level leadership skills that contribute to the development of a strong and collaborative workplace culture
- Be values driven and have strong interpersonal and high-level communication skills
- Hold tertiary qualifications in business, law, social work or the like, with relevant post-graduate qualifications highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of the not-for-profit sector
- Exceptional skills in stakeholder management and the ability to develop effective and collaborative internal and external working relationships, and liaise and negotiate with a variety of organisations, interest groups and individuals.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and written skills, including the ability to write high-level reports and submissions.
- Strong business acumen, supported by skills and experience in supervising and leading staff
WHW offers employees flexible working practices, flexible start and finish times, the option for full time or part time (0.8 EFT). Salary sacrificing and above award salary, fully maintained vehicle or optional vehicle allowance as well as many other benefits outlined in the WHW EA. Base salary of $110,900 plus 9.5% superannuation and personal use of a service vehicle. Generous salary packaging options available.
We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people living with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTI.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a brief written response to the key selection areas and responsibilities outlined in the position description provided below to email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm, 23 August 2019.
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing current satisfactory national police certificate and international police checked if resided abroad for more than twelve months in the past ten years, as well as a working with children check.
For further information please contact WHW’s Chief Executive Officer, Dr Robyn Gregory, on 9689 9588.
Position Description: PD BOPs Director Business Operations Contract July 2018V2
- Ongoing, part-time to full-time (flexible EFT 0.6 to EFT 1)
- Women’s Health West EA 2017 Level 4, pay point negotiable
- Generous salary packaging
The role of the Family Violence Case Manager – Outreach is to work with women and children within the western metropolitan region to develop safety strategies and case plans that include housing, legal, health and other assistance to support their long-term safety via a strength based and client-focused case application.
The successful applicant will be required to exercise the following practices:
- Provide short and medium-term case management support to women and their children experiencing family violence in accordance with WHW policies and procedures.
- Participate in effective delivery of family violence outreach case management services by undertaking and completing administration, reporting and data collection
- Work closely with internal and external providers and stakeholders to ensure client needs are being met.
- Work within and foster a culture of innovation, collaboration and respect, working with the integrated family violence services stream to achieve WHW’s vision of equity and justice for women in the west.
For further information, please contact WHW’s Manager Counselling and Case Management – Tess La Fontaine on 9689 9588.
All applicants must meet the selection criteria in a brief cover letter (PD link provided below). Applicants who do not meet the selection criteria in their application will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
There is currently no close date for this position, please apply as soon as possible.
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Health West
317-319 Barkly Street
Footscray Victoria 3011
Position Description: Case Manager – Outreach
- Permanent, full-time or part time (flexible 1 or 0.8 EFT)
- Base salary $107,672.00 + super and car
- Generous salary packaging
Are you strategic, collaborative and passionate about working in partnership with others to achieve gender equity for women and girls? Do you have high level leadership skills that can contribute to the development of a strong and collaborative workplace culture?
Women’s Health West (WHW) is seeking a qualified woman with exceptional communication skills to join our executive team and lead our strategy, advocacy and community engagement stream.
This pivotal role is responsible for strategically positioning WHW as a collaborative and influential organisation. The role leads two large regional primary prevention partnerships and has oversight of health promotion activities to improve the health, safety and wellbeing of women in Melbourne’s west.
You will hold tertiary qualifications in gender studies, health promotion, community development or social work, with relevant post-graduate qualifications highly regarded. You will have a strong understanding of the social determinants of women’s health, communications, and strong planning and management experience.
The successful candidate will work within and foster a culture of innovation, collaboration and respect, supporting WHW achieve our vision of equity and justice for women in the west.
All applicants must meet the selection criteria in a brief cover letter (PD link provided below). To apply for this position, please send your CV and a brief written response to the key result areas and responsibilities outlined in the position description to the address below. For further information, please contact WHW’s Chief Executive Officer, Dr Robyn Gregory on 9689 9588.
Applications to: email@example.com or by post, Recruitment Women’s Health West 317-319 Barkly Street Footscray Victoria 3011
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Close date 5 pm 29 August 2019.
Position Description: PD SACE Director Strategy, Advocacy and Community Engagement Contract July 2018V2