This page sets out employment opportunites, as well as other opportunities at Women’s Health West.
Women’s Health West is an equal opportunity employer. We employ women with a range of qualifications, skills, employment and life experiences as part of our diverse staff team.
Women’s Health West is an equal opportunity employer with VCAT Exemption H119/2017 to employ only people that identify as women.
Women’s Health West is committed to achieving equity and justice for women in Melbourne’s west. We provide services that encompass every level of response to family violence: including primary prevention, intervention and response. We also deliver a range of health promotion programs.
We work within a feminist framework, supporting women and their children to live safe and healthy lives.
We are a child safe organisation and employment is subject to the satisfactory completion of a national Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
If you are a proactive person with a strong customer service focus, take pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organisation this could be your next long term role.
Benefits available to Women’s Health West employees:
- Salary sacrificing
- Flexible working hours
- Cultural leave
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave
- Superannuation paid on maternity leave
- Purchased leave
- Collaborative working culture
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Please check back for any new or upcoming opportunities
Short term consultant opportunities
- Expressions of Interest: Consultant Graphic Designer
Short term consultant opportunities
Expressions of Interest: Consultant Graphic Designer
WHW is looking to engage a graphic designer in an external consultant capacity from late September 2021 to assist us with the implementation of our new brand. We are also working with an external brand agency, who will be providing us with a new brand strategy and guidelines. The projected agreement for services will be between late September and December 2021, with approximate hours per week to be decided by graphic designer and WHW, to redesign resources and documentation in line with the new brand guidelines.
- In a position to provide services from late September, with availability until December 2021.
- Can produce clean and accessible designs of digital and print resources in line with brand guidelines.
- Experience in data visualisation and infographics design.
- Willingness to provide Adobe working files for ongoing internal amendments.
- Live or work in Melbourne’s western metropolitan region.
- Interest in gender equity, advocating for equal rights and the prevention of family violence.
How to express your interest
Please submit your Expression of Interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following documents:
- A cover letter outlining your skills, experience and addressing the ‘Services Require’ section.
- A link to a digital portfolio, website, or links to examples of your previous design work – including example of your graphic design work, infographic design and data visualisation experience.
If you have specific queries about this opportunity, please contact Nastassja Downey, Brand Implementation Coordinator at email@example.com or on (03) 9689 9588.
Applications will close at 9.00am 17 September 2021.
Call for Expressions of Interest: Consultant-Graphic-Design-EOI_3.09.2021
- Answer each key selection criteria separately. Please note that your response doesn’t have to be too long. A few sentences (or up to 300 words) is enough.
- Take a look at each key selection criteria and write a few sentences about why you think you are (or would be) good at the activity described.
- Write a few more sentences to give an example of how you have demonstrated this ability in the past. You can consider skills and experiences you have gained through work, school/study or in your day-to-day life.
- It is important to notice that the key selection criteria are asking about ability, not just experience, so even if you haven’t done exactly what is described, you can tell us why you think you would be good at that activity.
- For the question about WHW’s values (key selection criteria 1) take a look at the explanation of our values at the top the position description. You can write what you think about all of them or decide which one you relate to the most and let us know why.
- Add in anything about you that you think would help you to do this job well. Including any of the key professional and personal attributes we have mentioned above.
- If you have any questions, get in touch! We would be happy to hear from you and to assist.