Women’s Health West is an equal opportunity employer. We employ women with a range of qualifications, skills, employment and life experiences as part of our diverse staff team.
Women’s Health West is an equal opportunity employer with VCAT Exemption H119/2017 to employ only people that identify as women.
Women’s Health West is committed to achieving equity and justice for women in Melbourne’s west. We provide services that encompass every level of response to family violence: including primary prevention, intervention and response. We also deliver a range of health promotion programs.
We work within a feminist framework, supporting women and their children to live safe and healthy lives.
We are a child safe organisation and employment is subject to the satisfactory completion of a national Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
If you are a proactive person with a strong customer service focus, take pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organisation this could be your next long term role.
Benefits available to Women’s Health West employees:
- Salary sacrificing
- Flexible working hours
- Cultural leave
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave
- Superannuation paid on maternity leave
- Purchased leave
- Collaborative working culture
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
The communications coordinator is responsible for contributing to the implementation of Women’s Health West’s external communications and advocacy strategy and internal communications plan. To develop and maintain relationships with donors, members, subscribers and external agencies. The role also involves developing creative ways to enhance public understanding of Women’s Health West’s programs and services, and ensuring staff are well connected and have the information they need.
The Coordinator – Communications reports to the Manager – Communications and is located in WHW’s Strategy, Advocacy and Community Engagement (SACE) stream. The role requires relevant tertiary qualifications or at least two years’ experience in a similar role, high level written and verbal communication skills and a good eye for design and layout.
This is a short term opportunity available with full time hours (38 hours per week) until 30 October 2021. The Communications Coordinator is classified as WHW EA level 5, pay point dependent on experience (82K – 86K per annum).
How to apply:
Please submit an application consisting of your cv and a cover letter briefly responding to the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description below. Applications that do not respond to Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: “Application for Communications Coordinator via WHW Website”.
Applications will close at 9am, 28 June 2021.
Position Description: PD SACE Communications Coordinator Level 5 2021V2
- Answer each key selection criteria separately. Please note that your response doesn’t have to be too long. A few sentences (or up to 300 words) is enough.
- Take a look at each key selection criteria and write a few sentences about why you think you are (or would be) good at the activity described.
- Write a few more sentences to give an example of how you have demonstrated this ability in the past. You can consider skills and experiences you have gained through work, school/study or in your day-to-day life.
- It is important to notice that the key selection criteria are asking about ability, not just experience, so even if you haven’t done exactly what is described, you can tell us why you think you would be good at that activity.
- For the question about WHW’s values (key selection criteria 1) take a look at the explanation of our values at the top the position description. You can write what you think about all of them or decide which one you relate to the most and let us know why.
- Add in anything about you that you think would help you to do this job well. Including any of the key professional and personal attributes we have mentioned above.
- If you have any questions, get in touch! We would be happy to hear from you and to assist.