Working together for women’s health and wellbeing
Gender Equity Victoria (GEN VIC) is the Victorian peak body for gender equity, women’s health and the prevention of violence against women.
Equality, wellbeing, and freedom from violence for every woman and girl in every community of Victoria.
To advocate, influence and collaborate to improve outcomes in gender equity, women’s health and in the prevention of violence against women.
WHAT DOES GEN VIC DO?
GEN VIC advocates for equality for all women, including those living in rural locations, living with disabilities or with HIV, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, immigrant and refugee women and women from LGBTI communities.
Their first priority is to identify and change systems and structures that place women at risk of disadvantage and poor health. To do this, they value and build on the leadership of women and women’s organisations, and work together to reduce all forms of discrimination that intersect with gender inequality.
- Ensure women’s voices are integral to policy, legislation and services
- Deliver and support coordinated and evidence-informed women’s health promotion activities
- Facilitate collaboration and partnerships
WHO DOES GEN VIC REPRESENT?
GEN VIC represents organisations across Victoria who advance gender equity and hold values that align with feminist principles.
- Gippsland Women’s Health Service
- Women’s Health Goulburn North East
- Women’s Health Grampians
- Women’s Health Loddon Mallee
- Women’s Health and Wellbeing Barwon South West
- Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
- Positive Women Victoria
- The Women’s
- Women With Disabilities Victoria
- Women’s Health Victoria
- Women’s Health in the North
- Women’s Health in the East
- Women’s Health in the South East
- Women’s Health West