• Are you a woman of Pasifika or Polynesian background who lives,works or studies in the western suburbs?
• Do you want to know more about your rights and the law in Australia?
• Do you want to know how the Australian system works so you can best help your family and community?
Then this is the project for you!
We will talk about the law, human rights and making change through fun workshops, developed in consultation with women from Pasifika and Polynesian communities. After the workshops, you will be supported to run your own project together with other women.
What will you get out of joining this project?
• Knowledge and skills to understand the law and your rights
• Confidence to protect your rights and the rights of others
• New friends and connections
• An understanding of the services that can help you and your community
• The chance to run your own project about something that’s important to you
• Access to skills-based workshops and networks that will support you as you take your next steps towards employment, study or volunteering.
• Lunch, childcare and a reimbursement of your time and travel costs
When: This project will commence in early 2017
Where: Somewhere central for participants
How to express your interest: Contact Hope on 9689 9588 or firstname.lastname@example.org