Working together for women’s health and wellbeing
The Women’s Health Association of Victoria is the peak body for women’s health services funded under the Victorian women’s health program.
WHAV encourages like-minded health, women’s and other organisations to become associate members. Associate membership strengthens WHAV’s voice as an advocacy organisation. It also provides the opportunity to take part in WHAV general forums and builds links and partnerships within the women’s health sector.
WHAV provides a forum and focus for members and associate members to work together to better enhance women’s health and wellbeing. WHAV is not funded to deliver services, but relies on volunteer resources from members to achieve its core functions of networking, information and knowledge sharing, policy development and advocacy.
WHAV provides a supportive environment for women’s health and associated services by helping them build better links and a stronger sectoral identity.
Information and knowledge sharing
WHAV is a forum for developing policies and practices that encourage high standards of management and service provision. WHAV encourages the sharing of information, learning and best practice wisdom, as well as debate on a wide range of issues relevant to women’s health and wellbeing.
Policy and advocacy
WHAV provides a central point of reference for policy and decision-makers’ consultations with the sector and provides opportunities for members to:
- Develop sectoral responses to issues arising from government and the external environment
- Initiate collaborative action on issues related to women’s health and wellbeing
- Encourage the health system to respond better to diverse women’s needs
- Promote the social model of health
- Gippsland Women’s Health Service
- Women’s Health Goulburn North East
- Women’s Health Grampians
- Women’s Health Loddon Mallee
- Women’s Health and Wellbeing Barwon South West
- Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
- Positive Women Victoria
- The Women’s
- Women With Disabilities Victoria
- Women’s Health Victoria
- Women’s Health in the North
- Women’s Health in the East
- Women’s Health in the South East
- Women’s Health West